Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Shut It


Dear Reader,

Have you ever gotten to that point in a relationship where you knew it was over because you were annoyed by EVERYTHING your significant other did??

 “Do you have to CHEW like that???”
(not even chewing with their mouth open)

“Why can’t you walk in a STRAIGHT LINE and stop bumping in to me??”
(they just wanted to hold your hand)

“You are NOT wearing that RIDICULOUS shirt again!!”
(it’s a blue polo)

“Stop BREATHING so loud!!”
(they were asleep)

Somewhere in your mind, you’re aware that your reaction is a wee bit over the top. But you just can’t help it! The sound of their voice is like nails on a chalkboard! Everything they say is the most asinine thing you’ve ever heard! Absolutely, without a doubt, it’s time to break up.

But, what happens when the person who is leaning on your last nerve is a co-worker? What do you do? I am completely unable to break up with her. Not my choice.

But what do I do, what do I do?

I know that the only suitable answer is for me to change my attitude, but how? PLEASE offer suggestions! I don’t want to go to prison for strangling a co-worker!

Many thanks,
Irritated in Illinois

1 comment:

  1. Be honest but have respect for them. Simple Simon...

    ... met a Pie Man? Told him to STFU? No, STFU isn't very respectful.

    ReplyDelete